We’re Getir, the pioneers of super-fast delivery. We deliver groceries such as sandwiches to shampoo, dog food to beer, in an average of ten minutes. Founded in 2015, we now deliver hundreds of thousands of orders a day from more than 300 locations in the United Kingdom and Turkey. In 2021, we plan to rock the streets and doorsteps of several cities across the world, including New York City, Chicago and Washington DC, spreading the experience and wonder of seamless, super-fast delivery that simply works for everyone. To make super-fast delivery possible, we don’t refrain from getting involved in all the aspects that go into it. However, we like to do everything in a startup-savvy way that is driven by technology. As we expand our operations globally, it’s vital that we onboard excellent startup-seeking lawyers to both keep us at check and to help us with expanding operations into new markets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The day to day duties and responsibilities include:
- Drafting commercial terms, negotiating leases through the full legal process to lease completion, handling completion administration.
- Making planning applications, regularizing planning and use for commercial real estates.
- Work closely with the expansion and legal teams in the US and HQ in Turkey to support broader expansion plans in the US.
- Assist in the on-going development and delivery of legal and compliance policies, procedures, processes, and training materials to support product launch and operations in the US.
- Research intensively on local legislation and regulatory frameworks related to commercial real estate.
- Being a great overall teammate to everyone in a small startup environment.
The candidate must meet the following essential requirements:
- Proven experience in real estate matters, negotiating commercial leases and preparing successful planning and use applications and negotiating the same with local councils.
- Proven track record of delivering consistently on complex projects under challenging circumstances with a sense of urgency, but with the ability to also keep broader strategic objectives in focus.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with significant experience and proven success in roles requiring ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Be a good person. Beyond just doing what’s the legal minimum, ask yourself if something is ethical or not. Voice your opinion wherever necessary.
What Getir Offers
- The once in a lifetime chance to work in a people-first startup environment, in a business that is set to revolutionize how people shop for their groceries.