Getir is a technology company, a pioneer of the online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business, that has transformed the way in which millions of people across the world consume groceries. We believe in a world where getting everything you need, when you need it, sustainably, is the new normal.
Getir is growing incredibly fast in Europe, but we want to grow globally. From London to Tokyo, Sao Paulo to New York, our global ambitions can only be accomplished with exceptional technology.
If you've got the experience and the ambition to be a Database Administrator (MongoDB) at Getir and a founding part of our technology hub in Bangalore, please apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with engineering and other teams to build & maintain our database requirements and answer big data questions
- Use your past DBA experience and industry wide best practices to scale and optimize the database services.
- Regularly conduct database health monitoring and diagnostics
- Create processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors.
- Document and update procedures and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
What we look for in you
- You have A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Proficiency administering MongoDB.
- Extensive experience performing general troubleshooting database maintenance activities including backup and recovery, capacity planning, and managing user accounts.
- Experience in identifying and documenting risk areas and mitigation strategies for process and procedure activities.
- Experience in MongoDB HA strategies, including multi-node sharding and replica sets.
- Experience in migrating or promoting MongoDB across environments.
- Strong understanding of MongoDB tuning and optimization of query plans.
- Linux shell scripting skills and experience with production Linux environments.
- Experience working with software engineers in a highly technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with other no-SQL (Elastic, Redis, etc.)/RDBMS databases (Postgres etc.) and Hadoop technologies preferred (Good to have)
Please see our Candidate Privacy Notice for detailed information on how we process your personal data.