At Getir, we write the ending of the story first. In the context of Getir, that (original!) ending is super-fast delivery. Groceries and everyday items delivered in a matter of minutes (would we be showing off if we said our average was 10 minutes?) Once we write the ending, we go back to square one to figure out how we can get to that differentiating end. Considering the complexity of delivery, it’s imperative that we have a unique operational model. One that firstly prioritizes safety, then an incredible user experience, ultimately followed by a model that works financially.
Founded in 2015, we now deliver hundreds of thousands of orders a day from more than 300 locations in the United Kingdom and Turkey. We’ve accumulated a lot of know-how over these five years, and we look forward to adapting and learning from the best practices in the US. Beyond being good at what we do, we’re genuinely a people-first organization made up of awesome people. We are looking to add a Head of Operations for our business in the US who will bring both their humanity and their skills to the job everyday, helping us succeed in bringing super-fast delivery to the people.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for Getir’s comprehensive operational process, from the moment a product enters our warehouse to when it gets delivered to the doorstep of the customers. Under your leadership, your department will:
- Find suitable commercial property in new regions.
- Oversee warehouse fit-outs.
- Test and determine the most efficient mode of transports for super-fast delivery.
- Coordinate the timely delivery and subsequent logistical organization of the delivery fleet.
- Recruit and manage delivery people, without ever taking that “safety-first” hat off.
- Establish best practice processes for stock-keeping, ensuring the sustainability of our inventory.
- Build relationships with the humans who work in your organization, regardless of level/seniority. They should all feel comfortable in raising issues with you.
- Prioritize the safety and wellbeing of people first. Getir’s speed is not dependent on the people doing things fast. The system is fast, not the people.
- Manage teams in numerous warehouses spread across the city of Berlin, including but not limited to warehouse operators and the delivery people who use it as a base.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 8+ years experience, in both years and content, in operations management and operational development. The more chaotic that experience, the better.
- A can-do, will-do attitude.
- A passion for people in general.
- Incredible communication skills, verbally and nowadays digitally.
- Previous experience in technology companies with an operations focus is preferred.
What Getir Offers
- The rare chance to work in a vibrant and energising startup culture and develop your commercial skills for the digital future of retail.
- Potential for stock options designed to reward your commitment to the growth of Getir.
- Career development opportunities. We really mean it when we say this. Upward and sideways mobility are some of our favorite terms.