We’re Getir, the pioneers of super-fast delivery. We deliver groceries such as sandwiches to shampoo, dog food to beer, in an average of ten minutes. Founded in 2015, we now deliver hundreds of thousands of orders a day from more than 300 locations in the United Kingdom and Turkey. In 2021, we plan to rock the streets and doorsteps of several cities across the world, spreading the experience and wonder of seamless, super-fast delivery that simply works for everyone. To make super-fast delivery possible, we don’t refrain from getting involved in all of the aspects that go into it. However, we like to do everything in a startup-savvy way that is driven by technology. As we expand our operations in the UK and globally, it’s vital that we onboard excellent startup-seeking lawyers to both keep us in check and facilitate our fast-paced growth plans.
Day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with other members of the small UK in-house legal team, as well as HQ in Turkey, on a variety of legal and compliance issues.
- Reviewing, negotiating and managing commercial contracts with third parties across a wide number of areas of the UK business.
- Working closely with external counsel on certain regulatory and operational matters, whilst dealing with many issues in-house.
- Assisting with the on-going development and delivery of legal and compliance policies, procedures, processes, and training materials.
- Working closely with our commercial, strategy and operational teams and provide commercial-minded legal support.
- Researching UK legislation and regulatory topics and applying them to the business.
- Being a great overall teammate to everyone in a small start-up environment.
The candidate must meet the following essential requirements:
- 2-4 years’ Post Qualified Experience, ideally in the Commercial practice area but open to considering other areas including Corporate, Regulatory or Employment.
- Strong educational background.
- Experience in-house is useful but not essential.
- Experience and a proven ability in roles requiring excellent analytical skills, legal drafting and outstanding research ability.
- Proven track record of delivering consistently on complex projects under challenging and time-critical circumstances with a sense of urgency, but with the ability to also keep broader strategic objectives in focus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with significant experience and proven success in roles requiring an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Be a good person. Beyond just doing what’s the legal minimum, ask yourself if something is ethical or not. Voice your opinion wherever necessary.
What Getir Offers
- The once in a lifetime chance to work in a people-first startup environment, in a business that is set to revolutionise how people shop for their groceries.
Please see our Candidate Privacy Notice for detailed information on how we process your personal data.